Full Plate Thursday 4-18-13

Full Plate Thursday Where The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

 Our Thought's and Prayers are with all the victims and families of the Boston tragedy.
It has been a very somber time here at the cottage as it is all over America right now, although we go on with our life, the unspoken silence in the faces of all we meet speaks what we really feel.

I am very happy to see all of you today and hoping that you will enjoy your time in the country with us.  
Last year I featured Preserving Food a feature for canning, freezing or storage for the harvest.  Everyone really loved this feature.  Beginning this week that feature is being added  and will be available until the harvest is complete. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
A Special Feature For Food Bloggers Against Hunger
A Place At The Table, Food Bloggers Against Hunger  at Simple Living and Eating 
Breakfast
Morning Snack
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake  at A Peek Into My Paradise
Lunch
Salpicao Brazilian Chicken Salad  at Sweet Caroline's Corner
Sugar Free Pound Cake  at A Cozy Place Called Home
Afternoon Snack
Crunchy Chickpeas  at Yummy. Healthy. Easy
Dinner
Mango Salsa  at Your Home Based Mom
Grilled Corn with Chipotle Butter  at Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl
Delightful Chocolate Chip Dessert  at Growing In Grace
Special Treats For Max
Healthy Morning Poochidatis Dog Cookies  at Little Kitchen Big Flavors
Preserving Food
Quick Pickles  at Make Mine Lemons
Fresh Berry Jam  at A Life Unprocessed
Kumquat Marmalade  at Kitchen Flavours

If You Are Featured This Week Please Take The Red Plate Home
 The Code Is On The Side Bar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story
 When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
Guidelines
When you link to Full Plate Thursday, you are giving me permission to use a photo or link from your Post in a feature post on this blog, on Pinterest, or Face Book Every Week, I feature many of your Recipes on the next Full Plate Thursday, and on What's For Dinner Next Week, and I pin many of your recipes to Pinterest.
Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday somewhere on your post.
Please visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course.
Please leave me a comment and let me know you are here, I really do want to be a good hostess.
Now God Bless You and Your Food and Everyone Fill Your Plate!

Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!

   
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. First one here... Thanks for the party each week. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen....you are so lucky to have a garden and harvest your own food. I'll look forwarc to your canning posts. We used to live in a house with lots of surroundong land and had 3 gardens, but now that we live in the suburbs, we just grow in small spots among the landscaping. Not much to harvest, so we miss having a garden these days.

    Thank you for featuring my Sugar Free Pound Cake and for hosting the party each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miz Helen, thank you so much for hosting your party and taking the time to visit with everyone. You're a treasure! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the party, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting Miz Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for hosting, Miz Helen! Have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting!! I haven't linked up here in forever! have a wonderful evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for hosting, Miz Helen! I really enjoyed the tour of your garden. It is beautiful and vibrant...I bet even more so once everything starts blooming and producing a harvest! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting! I loved the post with your garden! Wow! :-) The weather is now about right here in PA, so we are looking forward to getting our little garden started. I love having all of the fresh veggies and herbs. :-) Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for hosting and letting me participate. I hope you liked my pickles. I submitted Angel Hair pasta this week. I love this recipe and I hope you will try it when those tomatoes ripen. It has feta which is kind of a grown up ingredient, but it is really lovely and creamy in this dish.

    Hope you have a great week. I am so envious of your garden - I mean that in a good way. Is there a positive word to replace envy?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miz Helen,
    Thanks for hosting and I look forward to browsing all the recipe in hopes of finding some new yummy ones.
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the party, Miz Helen. What a terrible week in the news :/ My prayers go out to all of those who have been affected by these tragedies this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Miz Helen, I linked up a couple of recipes this week and I just wanted to say thanks for hosting! I am excited about your plans for the Preserving Food features...we're praying for a bountiful harvest this year! Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Miz Helen for another party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning, Miz Helen! This week I've brought a vegetarian dish - Spinach Florentine Pasta Bake. Thank you for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen! I hope you are alright after the fertilizer plant explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for hosting-Happy Spring:@)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for hosting the party. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Miz Helen,
    Thanks so much for hosting, so many yummy looking links to check out! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for hosting each week Miz Helen. Today I am celebrating the colorful life of Lilly Pulitzer with her Shrimp & Corn Bisque.

    Have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  23. Miz Helen, thank you for taking the time to host us each week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great features Miz Helen. Thanks for hosting another great party. Enjoy your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the party, Miz Helen! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My thoughts are with Boston too. I've stood at the finish line years ago, holding my 1 year old son, waiting for my brother-in-law... I can't image. Thank you so much Miz Helen for featuring my Food Bloggers Against Hunger post. Thank you for participating... we are just too bountiful a nation to have this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for having your party each week. Thank you for featuring my Delightful Chocolate Chip Desert. I so appreciate it. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! Thoughts to all those in West, TX today too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for another great party! I love stopping by here!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for featuring my Skinny Cornbread Breakfast Casserole! It's one of my favorites so I'm so happy you like it too!
    Many thanks for hosting such a yummy party each week.
    Wishing you all the best,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for featuring our Mexican Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers! We are so glad you liked them as much as we did! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. hello fellow linker-uppers! (and Miz Helen, of course!)

    thanks for hosting us (as per usual)! – this week i’ve linked up my (politically incorrect?) quinoa egg dish. delish, nutrish, and possibly a terrible idea.

    i hope to see you and your readers at the Wednesday fresh foods link up this week – she’s live!

    thanks again!! xo!

    p.s. i apologize for the delay - but I finally responded to your comment on my CSA Miz Helen. It's been a busy week!

    kristy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely party, Helen. Thanks for hosting.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Miz Helen! Thank you for the party and thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Miz Helen~ Thanks for hosting this fun party each and every week! Have a Great Weekend~Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  36. Enjoyed our visit as always Miz Helen! Have a wonderful day!

    Lori
    Whoneedsacape.com
    Not Your Average Super Moms!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for the party Helen! =)
    Such wonderful recipes!! Im going to have fun looking thru them.

    Melissa =)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for featuring my Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family!

    I have added your button to my sidebar and the post!

    Have a terrific Thrusday!

    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyPardise@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Miz Helen--I posted a more unusual recipe this week--Broccolini and Avocado Salad. I love perusing all the other recipes; such fun reading everyone's weekly favorite. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Helen! This is my first time linking up with you, and I just wanted to thank you for hosting! I'm adding my Thick Raw Lemon Bars. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for featuring my Grilled Corn with Chipotle Butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Miz Helen,
    I'm sharing a plate of roasted vegetables today! Thank you for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you so much for featuring my Kumquat Marmalade! :)

      Delete
  43. Thank you for hosting and have a great week!

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for the great party and for featuring my mango Salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you so much for featuring my recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen